At the end of last week we processed the final nocturnal audio files from autumn 2022, recorded on the roof of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in Beijing. This completed the third season of nocturnal recordings from this city centre location.
- 34,460 calls recorded in autumn 2022 (remarkably similar to the 34,713 in autumn 2021)
- At least 67 species recorded, bringing to total number of species recorded over three seasons to 99
- The most common species recorded was again Olive-backed Pipit (Anthus hodgsoni 树鹨 Shù liù) with 12,689 calls (versus 12,411 in autumn 2021)
- The top ten most frequent calls
- 1. Olive-backed Pipit Anthus hodgsoni 树鹨 Shù liù 12,689
- 2. Red-rumped Swallow Cecropis daurica 金腰燕 Jīn yāo yàn 4,447
- 3. Flycatcher sp. Muscicapidae sp. 鹟科 Wēng kē 2,279
- 4. Black-crowned Night Heron Nycticorax nycticorax 夜鹭 Yè lù 2,152
- 5. Common Rosefinch Carpodacus erythrinus 普通朱雀 Pǔtōng zhūquè 2,135
- 6. Eurasian Skylark Alauda arvensis 云雀 Yúnquè 1,349
- 7. Little Bunting Emberiza pusilla 小鹀 Xiǎo wú 1,172
- 8. Goose sp. (most likely Bean Goose) Anser sp. 雁 Yàn 1,086
- 9. Brambling Fringilla montifringilla 燕雀 Yànquè 1,068
- 10. Bunting sp. Emberiza sp. 鹀科 Wú kē 944
More detailed analysis will appear as it is available at this page.