This morning I received an email from An Yi, a Denmark-based birder who has been in Beijing visiting family. Yi visited Yeyahu NR on Wednesday 27 March and was lucky enough to see some cranes… but not just any cranes.. she saw 2 SIBERIAN CRANES together with some WHITE-NAPED CRANES. On top of that, she secured some fantastic images…. With her kind permission, I am reproducing them below. As far as I know, this is only the 2nd record of SIBERIAN CRANE at Yeyahu NR and the 4th in Beijing (following one at Yeyahu NR in March 2008, between 1 and 8 at Miyun in March/April 2012 and one at Miyun in March 2013). Congratulations to Yi and many thanks for allowing me to reproduce the images here. A fantastic record.
Search Birding Beijing
- JAPANESE THRUSH still in grounds of Peking University today per Li Xiaomai. #firstforBeijing 1 day ago
- This is a possible BLACK-THROATED x RED-THROATED THRUSH in Beijing at the weekend. Hint of red on the tail and face. http://t.co/VbYBVTdwx9 3 days ago
- LEOPARD CAT in Beijing wp.me/p1334i-M6 4 days ago
- Yes, it's true! IBISBILL can be seen in Beijing... this one was seen today near Miyun. #BirdingBeijing http://t.co/nGOfAys7Dc 5 days ago
- PALLAS'S ROSEFINCHES are back in Beijing. This one was part of a flock of 18+ at Lingshan today.. #BirdingBeijing http://t.co/JSmXcslYtP 6 days ago
Popular Topics (click to find relevant posts)Amur Falcon Asian House Martin Baer's Pochard Bai Qingquan Beijing Ben Wielstra Blunt-winged Warbler Bohemian Waxwing Botanical Gardens Brian Jones Brown Shrike Bull-headed Shrike Chinese Hill Warbler Choshi Common Crane Common Kingfisher Crested Kingfisher Dalian Dandong Donggang Dusky Thrush Eagle Owl Eastern Marsh Harrier Golden Eagle Great Bustard Greater Spotted Eagle Grey-headed Woodpecker Hebei Province Jan-Erik Nilsen Jankowski's Bunting Japan japanese quail Japanese Waxwing Jennifer Leung Jesper Hornskov Jinzhou Bay Laotieshan Liaoning Province Long-eared Owl Ma Chang Migration Miyun Reservoir Mongolian Lark Nanpu Olympic Forest Park Oriental Plover Oriental Stork Pallas's Rosefinch Paul Holt Per Alström Peter Cawley Red-flanked Bluetail Relict Gull Ritan Park Rudong Saker Shanghai Shidu Shi Jin Short-toed Eagle Siberian Crane Spike Millington Spoon-billed Sandpiper Summer Palace Tom Beeke Trip Report upland buzzard Vega Gull White-cheeked Starling White-naped Crane Wild Duck Lake Wu Ling Shan Yellow Bittern yeyahu Yeyahu NR