An early morning return to Ritan Park to check out the waxwings proved worthwhile with the sighting of a single Japanese Waxwing among at least 35 Bohemians. Unfortunately, my camera lens is temporarily out of order due to losing the screws on the main body of the lens (apparently a reasonably common occurrence with Canon lenses) so, despite the perfect light and them showing typically very well, I wasn’t able to take any photos… It made a nice change to just enjoy them (even so, the replacement screws cannot arrive soon enough!!).
Search Birding Beijing
- RT @birdingfrontier: HSBC: please stop your role in the destruction of rainforests in Borneo @hsbc_uk_press. Sign the petition: http://t.co… 4 days ago
- Packing for Inner Mongolia to participate in the JANKOWSKI'S BUNTING survey.. watch this space! #CriticallyEndangered 4 days ago
- 14 BAER'S POCHARDS yesterday at the breeding site in Hebei Province. Here is a pic of 3 of them with a Fudge Duck. http://t.co/k6lF2Fdmcf 5 days ago
- An incredible 44 ORIENTAL HONEY BUZZARDS over the garden this morning. #BirdingBeijing 1 week ago
- Przewalski's (Rusty-throated) Parrotbill wp.me/p1334i-FQ 1 week ago
Popular Topics (click to find relevant posts)Amur Falcon Asian House Martin Baer's Pochard Bai Qingquan Beijing Bohemian Waxwing Botanical Gardens Bull-headed Shrike Chinese Hill Warbler Choshi Common Kingfisher Dalian Dandong Dusky Thrush Eastern Marsh Harrier Greater Spotted Eagle Hebei Province Japan Japanese Waxwing Jennifer Leung Jesper Hornskov Laotieshan Liaoning Province Ma Chang Mongolian Lark Olympic Forest Park Oriental Plover Paul Holt Per Alström Peter Cawley Red-flanked Bluetail Ritan Park Saker Shi Jin Short-toed Eagle Siberian Crane Spike Millington Spoon-billed Sandpiper Tom Beeke Trip Report upland buzzard White-naped Crane Wild Duck Lake yeyahu Yeyahu NR